Awards Terms and Conditions
You can find the full terms and conditions below.
- Your entry must be with us by 23.59 on Friday 13th January 2017.
- Your charity must meet all the awards criteria.
- Entries should be submitted online.
- Submissions exceeding the word limit of 250 per entry question will be disqualified.
- Any disqualified entrants will not be notified.
- You may only enter one award category.
- The judges’ decision is final, and no feedback will be given on entries.
- If the quality of entries is not high enough in any of the categories, a winner might not be chosen.
- If you have a relationship with a Charity Governance Awards 2017 judge you may still enter, but any conflicts of interest will be flagged up.
- Information submitted must be truthful and accurate on the time and date you enter.
- The deadline for withdrawing entries is 31st January 2016.
- Unfortunately, we can’t take responsibility for entries that are lost, delayed, misdirected or incomplete – or entries that cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason.
- Your entry will be shared confidentially with the judges involved in the awards. Every care will be taken to keep your information safely
- If you’re short-listed, your entry will be turned into an online case study. You can remove any confidential details after being short-listed, but you may need to replace them with additional information.
- If you nominate a charity, you may be asked to take part in communications about the awards.
The awards ceremony
- Short-listed charities will be invited to send three representatives to the awards ceremony drinks reception on the evening of Wednesday 24th May 2017 at the Clothworkers’ Hall in London. There will be no cost for attending the event.
- Those attending the awards are responsible for arranging and paying for their travel and accommodation. However, we can cover the rail fares of any short-listed charities whose turnover is less than £500,000 – and any entrants with additional access needs.
- A £5,000 prize (unrestricted) will be awarded to each of the six winning charities. This prize will be sent to the charity electronically after the event. The payment can only be made to the winning charity, which has to meet our criteria.