How to Enter
Entry to the Charity Governance Awards is free and easy to submit.
- be registered in the UK by the Charity Commission (or the equivalent in each devolved nation)
- have been established before 31 December 2015
- only submit one entry across all seven awards*
- cover activities undertaken in the last five years (2013-2018)
- focus on the work of the main board, not sub-committees
- be submitted by a trustee, employee or volunteer of the charity
- be signed off by the charity’s CEO or chair of the board
Deadline for entry: Tuesday, 22 January 2019, 12 noon
*Note to previous award winners: Previous award winners are welcome to enter the awards again, but cannot re-enter the same category before a year has elapsed (if you won the ‘Embracing Digital’ category in 2018, you may submit an entry to a different category for the 2019 awards and cannot re-enter the ‘Embracing Digital’ category again until the 2020 awards).
Please download and read our Entry Guidance document to help you plan your entry.
The document details all the criteria and information you will need to complete your entrie. It also lists all the questions asked for each award category; these will appear again as part of the online entry process. It is recommended that you create and save your answers elsewhere before inputting them into the online entry form. This will allow you to retain a copy of your entry, as you will not be able to download one during the submission process.